The Teatro Regio San Francesco, a veritable “candy”. The date of ‘May 11 seems to occur more than once in the history of Marsala, a date which also refers to the first official document relating to the birth of the City Theatre: 11 May 1807. The theater regularly worked until 1824 and where special testamentary clauses was It closed from 1826 to 1840. In 1840 the town council expropriated for public use. Following the decline of indoor and outdoor facilities were closed again unfit for use after the earthquake of 1968. In 1983 began the restoration, renovation and furnishing. The municipal theater, reopened in November 1994, with a concert of Andrea Bocelli, and ‘now entitled to Eliodoro Sollima teacher, the late composer Marsala which was for years director of the music Conservatory of Palermo. Home to nearly three hundred seats, three rows of boxes, stalls and gallery.